Last Updated: November 2019
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Sites, we automatically collect information about how the Site is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Sites, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Sites, and information about how you interact with the Sites.
Tracking & Cookies Data
For example, if you leave a comment on our Sites, you may opt-in to saving your name, email address, and website in cookies for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
While using our Sites, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Cookies and Usage Data
HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
1) Direct interactions – this includes personal data you provide when you create an account, leave a comment, download content, purchase products from our online shop, contact us through a contact form, subscribe to our email list, or enter a competition.
2) Automated technologies or interactions – as you interact with our Sites, we may automatically collect Usage, Tracking, and Cookies Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns as previously described above. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies as described below.
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Sites.
- If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year. Additionally, when visitors leave comments on the site we collect the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Log File Information is automatically reported by your browser each time you access a web page. When you use our Sites, our servers automatically record certain log file information. These server logs may collect Technical Data such as your IP address, browser type, and information about the number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Sites, Partner Sites, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information.
Clear Gifs (Web Beacons) may be used by our Sites by employing clear gifs (also known as web beacons) which are used to collect Technical Data and information such as online usage patterns. We may also use clear gifs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track, which emails are opened and which links or advertisements are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Sites and for us to provide you with advertisements that may interest you.
4) Third party service providers – We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Sites (“Service Providers”), to provide the services for our Sites on our behalf, to perform Site-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Site is used. These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose. The third-party service providers we use are described below.
- Automated Spam Detection: Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
- Identity and Contact Data from third party connections or log-ins – for example Facebook Connect, Google or Twitter by “following”, “liking” or linking your account to the Sites.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Sites.
Megan Flynn Marketing may send you email newsletters and email marketing messages if you have provided us with permission or consented to receive such emails. Email marketing messages may be tailored to your interests based on the information described above in this section. You may opt out of receiving such emails from us by hitting the unsubscribe button at the bottom of those emails.
HOW IS YOUR DATA USED?
Megan Flynn Marketing uses the collected data for various purposes, including but not limited to:
- To provide and maintain the Sites
- To notify you of updates to our Sites
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Sites when you choose to do so
- To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Sites
- To monitor the usage of the Sites
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
WHAT RIGHTS YOU HAVE OVER YOUR DATA
If you have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Opting Out of Our Newsletters and Promotional Emails – You may opt-out of Newsletters and promotional emails from us at any time by using the opt-out mechanism contained in such emails (also referred to as “unsubscribe”).
Declining Cookies – If you do not want to accept our cookies, you can adjust your browser settings to decline cookies. You should note, however, that certain areas of the Sites may not operate properly if you decide not to accept cookies.
Our Sites do not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.