Megan Flynn Marketing (MFM) is a DC-based strategic communications and marketing agency. We specialize in helping very small businesses and organizations in DC thrive by providing high quality marketing services at prices they can afford.
We are seeking a motivated and dynamic individual enthusiastic individual who is passionate about elevating and supporting DC’s local business community, especially now during COVID-19. The ideal candidate should have a strong level of experience with social media, a strong eye for aesthetics, a demonstrated writing ability, strong organizational skills, and the ability to work both as part of a team and solo. This position is paid and full-time.
When you come work at MFM, here’s what you’ll find:
- Flexibility & Team Approach—We’re currently a 3.5-person shop and are excited to bring a new teammate on-board. Being a (super) small agency has lots of advantages—we’re flexible, always in the mood for a good brainstorm, and there’s plenty of room for creativity. We’re looking for someone who brings passion, attention to detail, and creativity to their work.
- Community—We are passionate about fostering growth in our local community by supporting local businesses and organizations, and by providing community service.
About the work…
- Social media management is one of the core services we provide for clients. The chosen candidate will work closely with our clients to bring their social media strategies to life.
Here’s what you’ll be doing in this role:
- Conceptualizing, creating, and publishing social media content on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube to advance our clients’ social media strategies and objectives. This includes pitching content ideas, writing social media copy, developing Instagram stories, and creating social media assets.
- Visiting our client’s locations on a weekly basis to capture (via photographs and video) the work they do each day.
- Assisting with writing, editing, and publishing blog posts for our clients and MFM.
- Leading social media community management for our clients, including monitoring and responding to comments.
- Managing quarterly social media contests on behalf of our clients.
- Assisting with earned media strategies – such as writing press releases or pitching reporters.
Skills and experience you should have:
- At least 2 years of experience in an online and/or social media marketing role
- Excellent storytelling and written communication skills
- Strong eye for aesthetics
- Passion for writing and content creation
- Strong ability to write clearly, concisely, and logically
- First-hand experience using social media for professional efforts, specifically Facebook, and Instagram
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects at once
- Thoughtfulness, empathy, and self-awareness. You go out of your way to help others and look out for your colleagues.
- Ability to see a problem and propose a solution.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Bonus points if you:
- Have used social media management tools (Buffer, Sendible)
- Have familiarity with WordPress
- Have used an email marketing platform or eCRM, such as MailChimp or SharpSpring
- Are familiar with social media metrics and/or measuring content performance
- Have professional photography or videography skills
Pay & Perks:
- This position is a full-time, exempt, salaried position. Salary range $36,000-$41,000.
- This is primarily a work-from-home position at this time, with regular (1-2x/week) visits to client locations during the week
- Frequent professional development opportunities
- Generous paid vacation, sick, and personal leave policies – including 14 paid holidays per year
Must live in Washington, DC.
The Fine Print:
- Environment: Must have reliable access to transportation, a computer, and Internet.
- Megan Flynn Marketing is an equal opportunity employer and all applicants will be considered. As a firm we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn and work together.
To apply, please use the application on this page. You will need a cover letter and resume. Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled. No phone calls please. All applications must be submitted through Megan Flynn Marketing’s online careers system. We do not accept applications or resumes via email, mail, fax or in-person delivery.
Megan Flynn Marketing is an equal opportunity employer and all applicants will be considered. As a firm we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn and work together.