Megan Flynn Marketing (MFM) is a DC-based strategic communications and marketing agency. We specialize in helping very small businesses and organizations in DC thrive by providing high quality marketing services at prices they can afford.
We are seeking an enthusiastic individual who is passionate about marketing as well as supporting DC’s local business community, especially now during COVID-19. The ideal candidate should have strong attention to detail, a demonstrated writing ability, previous marketing experience, and the ability to work both as part of a team and solo. This is a paid internship position.
When you come intern at MFM, here’s what you’ll find:
- Flexibility & Team Approach—We’re currently a 3.5-person shop and are excited to bring an intern on-board. Being a (super) small agency has lots of advantages—we’re flexible, always in the mood for a good brainstorm, and there’s plenty of room for creativity. We’re looking for someone who brings passion, attention to detail, and creativity to their work, and who will approach this as though they are becoming part of a team effort.
- Community—We are passionate about fostering growth in our local community by supporting local businesses and organizations, and by providing community service.
- Professional Growth—We know first-hand how critical internship opportunities are for landing your dream job after graduation. During your internship, you will expand your marketing skills and gain valuable professional experiences to add to your resume.
About the work…
- The intern will work across our internal and client marketing projects. While some of the responsibilities of the Social Media & Digital Marketing Intern are pre-determined, we like to tailor the projects each intern works on to their own skill set, professional goals, and interests (as long as we have current projects that make it possible to do so). A full list of what you might do in this role can be found below.
Here’s some of what you might be doing in this role:
- Helping to create content and manage MFM’s social media and blog
- Assisting with marketing campaigns and activities for our clients (e.g. copywriting, copyediting, social media, paid media, email campaigns, and website)
- Assisting with monitoring and reporting on the performance of client marketing campaigns. Really into data? If analytics is your interest, you can lead the development of a client report—including preparing the strategic insights and recommendations!
- Performing audits as needed on existing social and advertising content
- Collaborating with the team to provide support on paid advertising campaigns. Excited by paid advertising campaigns? If we have a new one in the project queue, you can co-lead the project!
- Drafting press releases, crafting pitches, and contacting local reporters
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, digital media, public relations, communications or related field.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Copywriting experience is a plus!
- Ability to be flexible and modify priorities as needed.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Google Slides, Google Drive, Google Docs.
- Experience using Facebook and Instagram for professional purposes. Familiarity with multi-social posting through programs such as Hootsuite or Buffer is a plus!
- Professional blogging experience, familiarity with WordPress, and/or graphic design skills are not required but are a huge plus!
Must reside or attend school in Washington, DC. The duration of the internship is negotiable with a commitment of 10-15 hours per week. Access to high-speed internet connection and a computer is required. Must be authorized to work in the United States. This is a paid internship ($15/hour).
To apply, please use the application on this page. You will need a cover letter and resume. Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled. No phone calls please. All applications must be submitted through Megan Flynn Marketing’s online careers system. We do not accept applications or resumes via email, mail, fax or in-person delivery.
Megan Flynn Marketing is an equal opportunity employer and all applicants will be considered. As a firm we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn and work together.